Thursday, June 12, 2008

Every Illness Has a Life-affirming Lesson

“Every illness has a life-affirming lesson to teach us if we are willing to be taught.”

Top 10 lessons I learned from my Vertigo:

10) I choose to give service, but I don’t get to choose to be served. It is important to be able to receive graciously (not my strong point).

9) Be grateful to be able to drive and for the freedom I have to just jump in the car and go places. Also, be grateful to friends who will drive when you can’t!

8) If I don’t slow down on my own, the Lord will do it for me. (Don’t run faster than you have strength).

7) There is nothing worth watching on TV during the day.

6) Use my hand to hold the phone when I talk, not my neck & shoulder.

5) Drink lots of water (still a challenge for me).

4) Be grateful for the ability to do laundry, wash the dishes, vacuum, pick up toys, make lunches, cook, mop, clean bathrooms, tie shoelaces, make beds, etc.

3) I am blessed with a wonderful network of friends who have compassion and generous hearts. They also know how to cook better than I do (ask my kids!).

2) My children do actually possess the ability to be quiet, helpful, obedient and considerate when necessary (who knew it?).

1) Heavenly Father knows what I need and provides challenges for me to learn and grow. I will look at every situation and ask “What am I supposed to learn from this experience?” That’s why we’re all here.

No comments: