Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Primary Talk - I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His restored Gospel

“I LOVE MY SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, AND HIS RESTORED GOSPEL.”


At Christmas time it is fun to give and receive gifts. (Picture of gift)


The best Christmas gift of all was the birth of Jesus Christ. (Picture of nativity)


Jesus came to earth to show us the right way to live.


He taught us that loving and helping others will make us happy. (Picture of service)


By sending Jesus to earth, Heavenly Father gave us a gift that will help us find happiness not

just at Christmas but always.


Heavenly Father wanted everyone to know about his gift to us, so he placed a beautiful new star in the sky. (Picture of Wise Men and star)


The Wise Men brought gifts to baby Jesus. They brought the nicest gifts they could find because they wanted to show their love for Him. They knew Jesus was the Savior. We give gifts to others to show our love for them, just like the wise men did.


The greatest gift of all is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.


Jesus suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane so that we could repent when we make mistakes. (Picture of Gethsemane)


Jesus died for us and was resurrected so that we could all live again after we die. (Picture of Jesus on cross)


Because of Jesus Christ, we can return to live with Heavenly Father again someday.


I can show my gratitude and love for the Savior by:


Following His commandments. (Picture of CTR)


Reading the scriptures. (Picture of reading scriptures)


Praying. (Picture of someone praying)


Being a missionary. (Picture of missionaries)


Getting baptized. (Picture of someone being baptized)


Going to church. (Picture of people going to church)


Being kind to others. (Picture of kind children)


I know that this Church is true and that Jesus and Heavenly Father love me and I love them. I know President Monson is a true prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is true.


I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm a mom in Virginia and my son is giving a talk this Sunday in primary, your talk was much help. :) Love the blog!

Amanda said...

Thank you so much I was in need of a cute talk about the birth of Jesus and this is PERFECT!! Glad I stumbled across your blog!

Aleshia said...

Thank you for your simple but beautiful talk. This will help my prepare my son for his talk this Sunday!