Top Topics

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Visiting Teaching - June 2013

The Visiting Teaching message for June is about "Joy in Family History."  Click HERE to read the whole lesson.

Here are some handouts to go with the lesson.





A few parts of the lesson that really left on an impression on me were these:

Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has taught that the Spirit of Elijah is "a manifestation of the Holy Ghost bearing witness of the divine nature of the family."

I do feel that Spirit of Elijah and know that families are indeed divine and eternal. I think our hearts can be turned to our family members who are living and who have died.  I want to unite my relatives here on earth by reaching out to them and sharing experiences and love.  I want to do temple ordinances for my loved ones who have passed on so that we can be sealed and connected for all eternity.

The Prophet Joseph Smith taught, "The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead." 

Holy Smokes!  I'd never heard that quote before but I'll sure be scheduling more trips to the temple in June.




No comments: