Monday, May 19, 2014

Thoughts on Conference Talk - "I Have Given You an Example"

Love this article entitled "I Have Given You an Example" by Elder Richard G. Scott.

After reading it several times, I have been contemplating the many examples I have had in my life that have helped me become a stronger person.

Elder Scott said, "... I have reflected on loved ones whose tender influence helped me find the divinely appointed path that aided my spiritual progression.  At vital times in my life, Father in Heaven blessed me with someone who cared for me enough to help guide my choices in an appropriate direction."

I appreciate those people in my life (and there are many) who have loved me, trusted me, taught me, encouraged, provided questions, shared principles, testified, served me, etc.  I want to be the type of person who can be a positive influence on others and I know the Lord puts people in my path who help me and that I can help.

I am compiling a list of people who have been an example to me and influenced me for good.  This list will keep growing.  I know it is important to see the tender mercies in our life when people teach us things and love us.

By sincerely loving each other, we can help them feel God's love which is the most important thing, right?


No comments: