Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quote - Submission of our will is all we can offer to God

This is one of my favorite quotes in the world. I am trying to pray personally and as a family that we will know the Lord's will and be willing to do it. Everything we have, including our very existence, is a gift from God and I am very humbled by that. I know that there is no way I can every pay Him back. So I am trying to use the time and talents that He has given me to do what He would have me do. And the thing is, the blessings keep coming everyday so I will be forever indebted.

The submission of one's will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God's altar. The many other things we 'give,' . . . are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in God's will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the only possession which is truly ours to give!

Elder Neal A. Maxwell

No comments: