Thursday, August 14, 2008

Primary Activity - Two Little Hands


My kids attended a fun Primary Activity Day today. The theme was Two Little Hands. They had five stations and the activity lasted 1.5 hours.
1) Popcorn Hands - The kids filled the loose plastic gloves with popcorn and a jelly bean candy for the fingernails.
2) Scripture Bingo
3) Testimony Gloves - (see picture) They discussed the five basic elements of a testimony and what a testimony is (not a thank-imony, love-imony, etc.). The hand out said the following:
A Pure Testimony is....
1-I know that God is our Father in Heaven and He loves us.
2-I know that Jesus Christ is His Son, our Savior and Redeemer
3-I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and he was the instrument through which the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth. He translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God.
4-I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Church on the earth today.
5-I know this Church is led by a living prophet who receives revelation.
4) Magical Hands Storybook and Craft - They read a book about a group of men in a small town and on their birthdays he would do their morning farmwork as a secret service. Then when it was his birthday he woke up and his chores were all done. The kids decorated a little paper hand that they can leave when they do service. It said, "I've served you with my magical hands. Please leave this hand with the next person you serve." I like that idea of paying it forward.
5) Service and Games - The kids helped clean the nursery toys with sanitizing wipes and then played games.
They "handed" out ice pops at the end. Very creative. I give it a two thumbs up!

No comments: