Monday, January 10, 2011

Talk - "Living Happily Ever After"

The Savior, Jesus Christ, showed us the way to happiness and told us everything we need to do to be happy.

Children love stories. As a child, I was immediately drawn into stories that started with the words “Once upon a time.” These stories often ended with “They lived happily ever after.” I have a feeling that children are not the only ones who are intrigued by those phrases. We each long to have the “once upon a time” of our lives filled with so much happiness that it becomes the “happily ever after” of our hopes and dreams....

...Our prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley, is the very essence of a glad heart. He has written: “I am an optimist! … My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we ‘accentuate the positive’” (Standing for Something [2000], 101)....

Click HERE to read the rest of the article.

No comments: