Thursday, November 10, 2011

"When I Grow Up, I Want to Be a Mother..."

They sang this song at Time Out for Women and a flood of memories came into my mind.

I remember this great song from when I was a little girl.  On road trips, my little brothers and I would lay in the back of the station wagon (yep, I'm that old) and listen to the tape, "Songs for a Mormon Child."  I looked forward to the day that I could have my own children and give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons. I think that song, along with the example of my mom and other great women in my life, inspired me to develop a "Mother Heart."  I love my children more than life itself and I try to teach them, give them opportunities to grow and to develop their testimonies and talents.  My "Mother Heart" extends beyond my own immediate family - to my nieces and nephews, the students at school, Cub Scouts, Primary children, neighbors, friends, etc.  I think the world would be a wonderful place if we could strive to develop our "Mother Hearts" and care and love a little more.

1 comment:

shauna said...

Thanks for your positive post about being a mother to all. Much needed always, but especially now.