Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Giant Book of Mormon

I love reading the scriptures and often write in the margins.  I have a really nice set of scriptures that I read but I decided to purchase a "Extra Large Print Triple Combination" to use when I personally study the Book of Mormon (click HERE if you're interested in buying one too, they're only $5.00).

I bought it several months ago and LOVE it!  There is so much room to write in the margins and it lays nice and flat when I am studying.  I use it as a workbook and since it was only $5.00 I don't feel bad writing all my random thoughts and insights in it.

Only bad part is that I get teased!  My friends saw me reading it one day while I was waiting for a meeting to start and church and they harassed me for being old and needing a large print book.  I can take a lot of teasing, having grown up with all brothers, so I handled it well.  They changed their tune once I showed them how cool it was to have all that space for notes and they saw all the stuff I had written in there.

Now that I have been asked to teach Primary this year, this "workbook" will come in even more handy.  I can even put post in notes or sheets of paper in the book for when I am teaching.

Just thought I'd share my idea in case you'd like to try it.  And I promise I won't tease you if you get one too.

P.S.  We still use the Book of Mormon for Latter-day Saint Families for our family scripture study (see my earlier POST about that).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think that is a wonderful idea. I need the big print for my eye sight, love the idea that I have room to write too.