Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Stacked Platters

 I got this general idea from Pinterest and decided I wanted to do something to match my home and also for holidays.  I went to Savers (like Good Will) and found these darling plates and also some cute little dessert dishes all for less than $10.00.  I glued them together with E6000 glue and let them dry for a day or two.  I was pleased to find out that the pottery is actually quite valuable (about $25-30 for each platter).  You never know what great deals you may find at thrift stores!
 Along this same idea, I made this fun one in a Valentine's Day theme.  I bought the plastic plates and bowl at Hobby Lobby and then repurposed jars that I had around the house.  I filled the jars with seasonal candy which I threw out after the holiday was over.  I like that the jars unscrew because it makes it easier to store when not in use.

No comments: