Friday, October 7, 2011

Youth Talk - Physical Health

Thank you to Brandon for this great youth speaker talk!

Hi my name is Brandon and Brother Kingi asked me to speak on a topic from the strength of you. I decided to pick the topic Physical Health. I liked this topic because I love to Sports and baseball.

In D&C 89:18-20 it states, “All saints who remember to keep and do these sayings shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge even hidden treasures and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.”

The lord has told us to take care of our body. The word of wisdom is found in the D&C 89. So Heavenly Father wants us to eat good foods, exercise and get a good night rest. When you do what your Heavenly Father wants you to do you remain free from addictions and have control over yourself. Heavenly Father will give you blessings of an alert mind, a healthy body and the blessings of the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

If I strive to do what is right by keeping the commandments, and living the word of wisdom then I can receive the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for me and for all of us. I am glad that I have the strength of youth booklet to help me make good decisions. 

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments: